Meet Andy Newman
Andy has over thirty-five years of speaking experience in the areas of law, politics, business, finance, and real estate. Andy’s unusually varied background has enabled him to observe and learn from some of the greatest speakers in these professions. In the courtroom, Andy has fought some of the toughest criminal defense lawyers in South Florida, often with great success. He is known for his great communication skills, powerful physical presence, and dynamic presentation style.
Education & Certifications
- BS in Labor Relations, Cornell University
- JD, University of Miami School of Law
- Real estate agent and broker licenses
- Series 7 and Series 63
- Certified Financial Manager
Career & Experience
- Regional Director for Citizens for America, an educational foundation based in Washington, D.C.
- Over twenty-five years as a prosecuting attorney; prosecuted numerous serious crimes, including high-profile first degree murder cases
- Founded a real estate firm in 1987 which was purchased in 2000, and currently owns a residential brokerage firm – NextHome Today
- Andy has appeared on well over 100 radio and television shows
Personal & Family
Born in Queens, Andy considers himself fortunate to have had two wonderful parents, a great brother, and a wonderful childhood.
His father made a decent living as the manager of a shoe store, but his real passion was art; he even had some of his projects exhibited in Tiffany’s jewelry store and Manhattan galleries, for sure some of his proudest moments. His mother held a Master’s in Library Science and was a career librarian who rose up to be a branch manager within the NYC Library system. Of his parents, Andy says, “While we weren’t rich somehow my parents gave us everything we needed.” His brother, Steve, is an attorney and prominent trial lawyer in Manhattan specializing in medical malpractice and civil litigation.
Andy currently lives just north of Fort Lauderdale with his long-time girlfriend and her daughter. When he isn’t working or spending time with his family, he enjoys catching up with his close group of childhood friends, golfing, and playing the drums.
- An avid reader, Andy averages 50 books a year. His personal library currently sits at over 1000 books about his favorite topics such as business, politics, law, the presidency, entrepreneurship, communication skills, and public speaking.
- Andy has been playing the drums since the age of twelve. While at Cornell, he played in the university Big Band, and since then he has played with a variety of different groups. Currently, he plays in a classic rock band and a jazz/swing band.
- During the day, Andy can often be found in front of his seven monitors; he may have a bit of a stock trading addiction and loves the excitement of the market
- Time and weather permitting – and especially with the right company – Andy loves to golf.